Thursday, June 18, 2009

SLEEP, Please....


Well, Emma is almost 5 weeks old, and she nurses about every 3-4 hours (as to be expected) and sleeps in between, but I can't help but feeling TIRED. I want some sleep - and not just for ca. 2 hours between feedings! I guess we'll soon have to give in and I will pump some milk so that Daddy can take care of feedings every now and then and mommy can SLEEP!


I think this is totally normal for newborns and newborn parents, especially the ones like me who have not learned the trick of falling asleep quickly after the baby and taking naps with her, but if anyone has any other tips, they'd be much appreciated.


We were just in town for lunch (met Daddy at the Irish pub), but it was too darn hot to stay in town and go to the park like I planned - it's in the 90s today, so it's too bad that we can't go to the swimming pool! And that our balcony is still NOT finished - big surprise there. Emma's slept all afternoon, but let's hope she wakes up soon so she can nurse and then we can both have a nap!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea and you should pump so Daddy can feed Emma. It will be a win for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn that was me not Emily. Not sure how Emily said it, but it could be that she was not totally signed out of google when she was here yesterday. Love Aunt Lori

    ReplyDelete