Yesterday, Emma had a relaxing day.
She was in a good mood and took some longer naps. And, then, she slept from 9pm to 4am without nursing! I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but maybe she's finally working into a nighttime rhythm. I, of course, didn't sleep well, because I kept waking up to check on her and make sure she was okay - I guess I am used to sleeping much less! She nursed at 4, then was back asleep by 5am and slept till a little after 7am! And, now she's been sleeping again since 8:30 and it's now 10:10...
Emma in her mummy costume on the sofa - nap time:
The question is, is this her new routine - the new Emma, post growth spurt - or is this just a day to tempt mommy and daddy and to make them think it's going to get a little easier???
We're going to try to go to the English-speaking parents and kids cafe that's not too far away today, but we'll see if we actually make it. We skipped the last two Fridays for a nap and then for a haircut, but hopefully we'll make it there today.
Tomorrow we pick up our "new to us" Honda Jazz, aka the Honda fit in the US, and then we've got some errands to run. I finally get to buy some plants, etc. for our balcony (which is not completely finished, but good enough to buy plants and to be able to sit outside!). I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do, though, since it is already a little late in the season to start planting, but I am sure that I will find something. I think Emma is going to stay home with Daddy tomorrow afternoon and Mommy gets to go off on her own - wooohoooo! But, we'll have to see how it goes. Nursing every 3-4 hours is getting on my nerves, although I know that I can't expect any better. And breast milk is best.......if only breast milk came in a bottle from the grocery!
Oh, and Mommy tried to see if some of the 3-6 month onesies might fit me already so she wouldn't have to do so much laundry since I keep spitting up, but, um, they're still a little too big!
Yay for sleep! Hopefully this is a sign that she is starting to recognize the concept of night versus day. :-) Love the pics - she is so cute!!
ReplyDelete